More to see...

tell us all about your ride
Rich Beale

More to see...

Post by Rich Beale »

Sunday saw a large group of our Bristol TRF join the start line for the ‘Moor to Sea’ LDT.

Proved to be a long day, setting off just after 8am and finishing after 5pm.. the length of time reflected that this year was a harder event than last year... but same spectacular countryside.

There were 34 challenging sections, each with a little something to catch us out.. lots of rock, water, roots, off camber turns and steep climbs.. but all Meat & Drink for our seasoned LDT team!!

Then there was the Special Test and Hill Climb to finish... nothing quite like watching your pride & joy disappearing up the Hill without you, then looping skywards and bouncing back towards you.. my learning was don’t try and stop it on the way down !!
- my Hand swelled up like a bear’s paw..

Trev was our main casualty, muscle injury.. which I may have captured on video.. tackling a tricky climb, Trev & Scorpa ended in a heap to the scream of ‘“I don’t believe it !! “..
the whole forest shook with Trev’s roar!!

- Trev has now launched ‘Project Scorpa’ and no doubt ‘Project Trev’ will follow.. both to address his recent DNFs

- as requested by Fire Dude, I took a number of action videos: Manty looking spectacular (# when will he slow down) and young Doug showing a clean pair of heels.

- John also recorded sections on his Go-Pro
[ John, Trev can you upload video? ]

- FD, you won’t be able to resist joining for the next event...

Call out to Bry, who spent the day taming what appeared to be a KTM with a chainsaw engine.. viscous power delivery.. but you’ve got to get up early if you want to intimidate Bry; it didn’t.

Overall we had a mixture of awesome cleans, spectacular attempts and unexplainable disasters... John introduced the term ‘slip’ as opposed to ‘crash’... a subtle difference that I couldn’t totally fathom.. :)

We also made some new mates.. me and Manty navigated in the afternoon for a lad from Wales who then went on to win the ‘Trials bike’ category.. freeloader!! but we liked him.. so fair play.

Has taken a couple of days to recover but the feeling of satisfaction remains..

Go! Bristol TRF LDT Team !!

Rich

John Presland

Re: More to see...

Post by John Presland »

Last edited by John Presland on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta XTrainer
Montesa 4Ride
Honda TLR 200
Montesa 4RT
iT 250
Tel 07973530959

Ian Abram

Post by Ian Abram »

Rich Beale wrote:Sunday saw a large group of our Bristol TRF join the start line for the ‘Moor to Sea’ LDT.

Proved to be a long day, setting off just after 8am and finishing after 5pm.. the length of time reflected that this year was a harder event than last year... but same spectacular countryside.

There were 34 challenging sections, each with a little something to catch us out.. lots of rock, water, roots, off camber turns and steep climbs.. but all Meat & Drink for our seasoned LDT team!!

Then there was the Special Test and Hill Climb to finish... nothing quite like watching your pride & joy disappearing up the Hill without you, then looping skywards and bouncing back towards you.. my learning was don’t try and stop it on the way down !!

Trev was our main casualty, muscle injury.. which I may have captured on video.. tackling a tricky climb, Trev & Scorpa ended in a heap to the scream of ‘“I don’t believe it !! “..

- Trev has now launched ‘Project Scorpa’ and no doubt ‘Project Trev’ will follow.. both to address his recent DNFs

- as requested by Fire Dude, I took a number of action videos: Manty looking spectacular (# when will he slow down) and young Doug showing a clean pair of heels.

Call out to Bry, who spent the day taming what appeared to be a KTM with a chainsaw engine.. viscous power delivery.. but you’ve got to get up early if you want to intimidate Bry; it didn’t.

Overall we had a mixture of awesome cleans, spectacular attempts and unexplainable disasters... John introduced the term ‘slip’ as opposed to ‘crash’... a subtle difference that I couldn’t totally fathom.. :)

We also made some new mates.. me and Manty navigated in the afternoon for a lad from Wales who then went on to win the ‘Trials bike’ category.. freeloader!! but we liked him.. so fair play.

Rich
Great report dude I'm looking forward to seeing the pics and filming

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ian Abram

Post by Ian Abram »

Ian Abram wrote:
Rich Beale wrote:Sunday saw a large group of our Bristol TRF join the start line for the ‘Moor to Sea’ LDT.

Rich
Great report dude I'm looking forward to seeing the pics and filming

Bry has always been a hardass
Ginger ninja send him in first and normally not much to clear up after

Rich Beale

Post by Rich Beale »

Very true.
He certainly left the sections in no doubt he’d been there..
his 2-Stroke screaming, mud & stones flying everywhere.. spectators and pets running for cover.
That lad don’t Mess about.

Ian Fews

Post by Ian Fews »

twas fun and good to see so many bristol faces ... sort of .... any more ldts this year or is that the lot?

Mike Mant

Post by Mike Mant »

Good Report Rich and video John. What a good well organised day . John your definitely getting much better as you didn't hurt yourself once. Me I got bruises on both legs . Ten Tors next Ian, 3rd of Dec . Reg's aren't out yet. I hope to be there.
Last edited by Mike Mant on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Fews

Post by Ian Fews »

thanks mike who runs that one, cant find any links? also neil westcott trial on exmoor november 27th

http://www.exmoormotorclub.co.uk/nwmtrial.html

Rich Beale

Post by Rich Beale »

Blimey Soldiers, get your facts straight.
If there was a War on I wouldn’t want you two co-ordinating the invasion dates.. ( Hee hee I’ve waited for ever to use that one with the Sergeant Major :) )
- The Neil Westcott Road Trial is on Sunday 26th November
- The Ten Tors is a week later 3rd of December down in Totnes again

Both you need to phone to get Regs, one you even have to send a SAE. I have the regs for Neil W, will have the other soon. Shout if need.

John Presland

Post by John Presland »

I was sent the Reg's for the Neil Westcott a week or so ago.....I don't think Rich can make this one however I can anyone else?
I really enjoyed it this year my overall fitness is better and riding the 4Ride helps loads, once we got passed the 1st few section I settled down however I still lack the skills needed in some of the sections....more of a mind set then skills.... :arrow:

Btw thanks Mike no broken bones....so a finished instead of a DNF a good Moors to Sea for me, the afternoon was great riding full of fantastic of road private land fun :D
Beta XTrainer
Montesa 4Ride
Honda TLR 200
Montesa 4RT
iT 250
Tel 07973530959