Wye valley ride 12th Nov Rich Beal

tell us all about your ride
Martin Burman

Wye valley ride 12th Nov Rich Beal

Post by Martin Burman »

Awesome ride today for myself, John Presland, Pete Thomas and Andy Cooper, the Wye as normal this time of year was slippery and challenging, bumped into CBTRF and all was well with discussion and laughter, all very respectful and pleasant, Rich did a great job of leading as normal, however i refused to get involved with the daisy chain at the top of Limekiln as is normal for Rich and John, (don't think they'll let me be part of the club now !!) All joking apart, an ace days riding, well organised and good fun, thanks Mr Beal. :D
Husqvarna TE 300 I
Beta Alp 200
Velocette MAC 350 (1948)
1972 Honda C 70 ( in restoration )

Rich Beale

Re: Wye valley ride 12th Nov Rich Beal

Post by Rich Beale »

Totally agree Martin, after Saturday’s rain and a bit of frost overnight, that was as slippery as I’ve ever ridden The Valley.
I was lucky to walk away after looping it on White Brook.. but was able to get up and master that horrible step second time round. I reckon White Brook is fast becoming the toughest lane as it cuts up further. Limekiln is light relief after!!
A lot of riders out.. both Central and some older Welsh blokes charging about.. but all friendly.

Nowhere quite like The Valley. Love it.

Ian Abram

Post by Ian Abram »

Martin Burman wrote:Awesome ride today for myself, John Presland, Pete Thomas and Andy Cooper, the Wye as normal this time of year was slippery and challenging, bumped into CBTRF and all was well with discussion and laughter, all very respectful and pleasant, Rich did a great job of leading as normal, however i refused to get involved with the daisy chain at the top of Limekiln as is normal for Rich and John, (don't think they'll let me be part of the club now !!) All joking apart, an ace days riding, well organised and good fun, thanks Mr Beal. :D
Fare play must be a breeze now on the new 300i
Should I get one ?
Or stay with the lovely four stroke

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Rich Beale

Post by Rich Beale »

FD, Martin also had some trick looking Clutch lever.. so light he could operate just by looking at it.
You just gotta get one of those.

Rich Beale

Post by Rich Beale »

John Presland

Post by John Presland »

Beta XTrainer
Montesa 4Ride
Honda TLR 200
Montesa 4RT
iT 250
Tel 07973530959

Ian Abram

Post by Ian Abram »

Rich Beale wrote:FD, Martin also had some trick looking Clutch lever.. so light he could operate just by looking at it.
You just gotta get one of those.
Definitely the Burman dude is one cool cat

Ian Abram

Post by Ian Abram »

Great footage the camera never really shows the true picture of how difficult it is
Well ridden Rich most of us are very aware what golden hill is like and Can be a killer when wet and covered in leafs

John Presland

Post by John Presland »

Ian Abram wrote:
Great footage the camera never really shows the true picture of how difficult it is
Well ridden Rich most of us are very aware what golden hill is like and Can be a killer when wet and covered in leafs

It nothing like the lane around Cheddar is it Ian :D
Beta XTrainer
Montesa 4Ride
Honda TLR 200
Montesa 4RT
iT 250
Tel 07973530959

Ian Abram

Post by Ian Abram »

John Presland wrote:
Ian Abram wrote:

It nothing like the lane around Cheddar is it Ian :D
Looks like cheddar to me