Gone to the Dogs..

tell us all about your ride
Rich Beale

Gone to the Dogs..

Post by Rich Beale »

Well we won’t be winning any awards for our riding today at The Ten Tors.. but maybe for our puncture repairing..!!
- after 2 miles I managed to split the rear tyre side wall.. picture below.. but ‘Dog Turds’ to the rescue.. basically push a couple of these ‘sticky pipe cleaners’ into the hole ( ideally with glue ) and re inflate.

I rode the rest of the day with no loss of air.. amazing.

Plus! I can now sell this tyre to Mr Arndel, as he doesn’t classify this as damaged.

Rich

John Presland

Re: Gone to the Dogs..

Post by John Presland »

A very odd day indeed, it all went wrong for us from the very beginning what with your number not matching the rest of ours Rich having to go back and change it how anal was that. Then we went round and round the same lanes for 20mins until you got a puncture.....
Beta XTrainer
Montesa 4Ride
Honda TLR 200
Montesa 4RT
iT 250
Tel 07973530959

John Presland

Post by John Presland »

A few section from Sundays LDT.......one for next year
Beta XTrainer
Montesa 4Ride
Honda TLR 200
Montesa 4RT
iT 250
Tel 07973530959

Ian Fews

Post by Ian Fews »

you did well then boys, i started just before 9 in the end and i didnt see any of you, infact after wheeldon i didnt see anyone until just before sections 10/11. When got to section 8 i asked the girl there how far behind was i as i think pretty much everyone had overtaken me and she said only about 20 had been through1! by the time i got to 10/11 about 58 miles i was knackered, am not fit enough and well out of practice with long sections of ruts. I prefered the moor to sea, this one was too long for the first 10 sections and i bailed out at that point. I reckon i'm going to chop my xride in for a 4ride, i need to practice more and i dont have the time to get to places where the trail riding is challenging enough.

Mike Mant

Post by Mike Mant »

Ian
I think a lot of people got lost on Sunday. Not the easiest of road books to follow. We were late getting back , but when we got in the carpark field it was still full. When we drove out there where still people coming in. In the dark and some of them where well seasoned LDT ers. Hard day for all and definitely not run as well as the moor to sea. Try the Woo Hoo at the end of Feb next year. That was really good this year. If you want to sell your Scorpa give us a shout I would be interested.

Ian Fews

Post by Ian Fews »

Hi Mike, indeed i dont think large paragraphs to read whilst riding is the best of ideas, i spent over 3 hours working out the route and putting it into my gps and i still made a couple of route errors, am certainly up for any ldts next year though as long as they dont clash with my wifes horsey competitions. Rich Beale has already claimed first dibs on the xride!

cheers
Ian

Mike Mant

Post by Mike Mant »

Wouldn't trust a Banker Mate

Ian Fews

Post by Ian Fews »

Interesting results, i got a mark for a section i didnt get to and looks like you guys didnt get credit for most of the latter sections

John Presland

Post by John Presland »

It was only me and Rich who went down to section 19 & 20 we both done 19 and made a mess of that one.... I shot off and had ago at 20 which was terrifying watching the enduro bike getting in a mess. :mrgreen:
Beta XTrainer
Montesa 4Ride
Honda TLR 200
Montesa 4RT
iT 250
Tel 07973530959

Ian Fews

Post by Ian Fews »

i actually dont feel so bad about my own performance now, i got back to the field about 1pm so relatively made good time :D