Sailsbury area 25th march

tell us all about your ride
Ian Abram

Sailsbury area 25th march

Post by Ian Abram »

Me Tom Daniel Denzil Ian H and Mike set out at 8am which was really 7am from tog hill got to Andover parking was great thank you travel lodge we followed the route put on view ranger by Mario the morning lanes from Andover were great we stopped had lunch and moved on over sailsbury which were normal sailsbury lanes after loseing Ian to a flat rear tyre and unfortunately a failed repair Daniel road back to base and recovered Ian (what a hero) the rest of us continued it was a great day out and I'm very pleased with the view ranger gps app it worked a treat will now be looking to do a few more runs this year ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ian Hardy

Re: Sailsbury area 25th march

Post by Ian Hardy »

Leader,

All that you say is correct and the morning was enjoyable, thank you for leading the way.

My day was ruined by a simple puncture which I could not fix successfully as I am a useless wanker and it took me ages. Newbie Dan offered to go get his van and pick me up whilst the rest of you carried on ........what a nice guy.

Slept in the sun for an hour whilst waiting, Dan returned me and the bike to my van and slept for another hour or so waiting for the rest of you to finish.....lovely day ruined by a puncture.

Mousses may well be the way forward.
Yamaha wrf 450
KTM 300exc 6 days
Honda crf230
Honda Africa Twin CRF1100 dct
BMW F800 R
Yamaha YZ490J

Ian Trevor Brooking

Post by Ian Trevor Brooking »

ahh mousses you know its the only way that wont stop you enjoying your day.

I know a guy that sells them :D :D :D
Beta Enduro Motorcycle Dealer for Bristol Classic Enduro
Beta 200RR Racing
Scorpa T Ride
Yamaha WR 250 2T 1991
Yamaha RD500 LC
if only there was one bike that did it all

Daniel Mcness

Post by Daniel Mcness »

Leader... I well planned and thoroughly enjoyable ride out... In warmish weather... bring on the summer... TOP JOB :D

Mike Wain

Post by Mike Wain »

Expensive option - mousse
Cheap option - air! Don't be stingey, it's free! 8psi isn't enough for trouble free trail riding. 12 rear and 14 front seems about right. A little less grip makes it more of a challenge anyway!

Great run though - how about doing it in the other direction sometime and starting from the Warminster area next time rather than driving to the far side of a loop that comes back towards us? This would be a good meeting point that knocks at least an hour off the 2 way drive:
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.2862823 ... 6?hl=en-US

This w/e I did a run with LVTRF from Berwick St James to Compton Abbas. We were certainly within a mile of this route at the start point but I didn't recognise anything! That's another route that could probably be tailored for us by adding a bit from the above location down to BSJ to pick it up. I can probably get the GPX file if any of you sat-nav wizards fancy giving it a go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike: TTR250 & PE175 & Freeride 250R

Chris Barrable

Post by Chris Barrable »

Mike Wain wrote:Expensive option - mousse
Cheap option - air! Don't be stingey, it's free! 8psi isn't enough for trouble free trail riding. 12 rear and 14 front seems about right. A little less grip makes it more of a challenge anyway!

Great run though - how about doing it in the other direction sometime and starting from the Warminster area next time rather than driving to the far side of a loop that comes back towards us? This would be a good meeting point that knocks at least an hour off the 2 way drive:

This w/e I did a run with LVTRF from Berwick St James to Compton Abbas. We were certainly within a mile of this route at the start point but I didn't recognise anything! That's another route that could probably be tailored for us by adding a bit from the above location down to BSJ to pick it up. I can probably get the GPX file if any of you sat-nav wizards fancy giving it a go.
Sounds fab

Sent from my SM-J106B using Tapatalk

Ian Abram

Post by Ian Abram »

Mike Wain wrote:Expensive option - mousse

Ok

Ian Trevor Brooking

Post by Ian Trevor Brooking »

Yes Mousses are expensive but its better than loosing 45 mins of riding while you are fixing the punture and havin a bunch of trail riders that came out to enjoy a days riding getting a tutorial on how to fix a puncture and hold your bike and cutting the day short.

:D :D
Beta Enduro Motorcycle Dealer for Bristol Classic Enduro
Beta 200RR Racing
Scorpa T Ride
Yamaha WR 250 2T 1991
Yamaha RD500 LC
if only there was one bike that did it all

Ian Abram

Post by Ian Abram »

Ian Trevor Brooking wrote:Yes Mousses are expensive but its better than loosing 45 mins of riding while you are fixing the punture and havin a bunch of trail riders that came out to enjoy a days riding getting a tutorial on how to fix a puncture and hold your bike and cutting the day short.

:D :D
If you talk to Ian Davis he Will tell you it's not expensive as he worked out how much his cost over a period of time and the reality is ridiculously cheap