Sunday 2nd Sept. Usk valley run

tell us all about your ride
Chris Barrable

Sunday 2nd Sept. Usk valley run

Post by Chris Barrable »

Me, Dave V, John P, Mike & Denise met 9am chepstow petrol station. Glorious sunshine. UCRs mostly wiyh a pub stop at 1130am! Thogh only coffee!! And so on up to & past the golf course a many mile single track with a nice shallow stream bed. On to Usk for petrol then a few lanes including a lovely overgrown fern strewn downhill with the autumn colours just coming through & on to a late lunch (2pm) at the Steel Horse cafe for a Welsh Breakfast !
Denise and Mike dipped out & headed home on roads leaving les trois amies to continue. Doing the hard bit in reverse (not backwards, er going forward!) Back past the golfers to refuel again at Usk. Then a simple lane & small roads back to chepstow. We then went for a pint of Thatchers at the Boars Head in Aust.

That was about 80m in 10hrs. My heart monitor reckons 1100 calories. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ian Abram

Re: Sunday 2nd Sept. Usk valley run

Post by Ian Abram »

Chris Barrable wrote:Me, Dave V, John P, Mike & Denise met 9am chepstow petrol station. Glorious sunshine. UCRs mostly wiyh a pub stop at 1130am! Thogh only coffee!! And so on up to & past the golf course a many mile single track with a nice shallow stream bed. On to Usk for petrol then a few lanes including a lovely overgrown fern strewn downhill with the autumn colours just coming through & on to a late lunch (2pm) at the Steel Horse cafe for a Welsh Breakfast !
Denise and Mike dipped out & headed home on roads leaving les trois amies to continue. Doing the hard bit in reverse (not backwards, er going forward!) Back past the golfers to refuel again at Usk. Then a simple lane & small roads back to chepstow. We then went for a pint of Thatchers at the Boars Head in Aust.

That was about 80m in 10hrs. My heart monitor reckons 1100 calories. ImageImageImage

sweet
did you have a pudding?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

John Presland

Post by John Presland »

A enjoyable day out with good company.... :)
Beta XTrainer
Montesa 4Ride
Honda TLR 200
Montesa 4RT
iT 250
Tel 07973530959

David Vaughan

Post by David Vaughan »

Fabulous day with warm temperature into the evening. Great trails and company!
Wasp on my sleeve stung my wrist repeatedly on the tarmac ride to Chepstow until I squished it.
Wasp dead....wrist very red and puffed up.
Honda CRF 250 X
Suzuki DR 350

Mike Wain

Post by Mike Wain »

Chris, mega thanks from us both for putting this run on. I may be getting that disease where you can't remember anything 'cos I didn't recognise a single trail the whole day! Anyway, Denise really enjoyed it and her crumbling spine has survived all the crashes with no pain the next day so she's looking forward to her next outing. Agree the fern downhill into the view lane was really good, also the one where we were going through all the tall flowers, really strong scent once a few people had been through! After leaving you we had a really nice ride back on little black lanes via Raglan.
Here's a couple of pics I took of the only 2 successful riders over the first obstacle of the day!
Attachments
The more sedate method!
The more sedate method!
IMG_3896.JPG (301.33 KiB) Viewed 11035 times
Denise flies over on the Freeride!
Denise flies over on the Freeride!
IMG_3895.JPG (288.26 KiB) Viewed 11035 times
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike: TTR250 & PE175 & Freeride 250R

Chris Barrable

Post by Chris Barrable »

Glad you both enjoyed my new version of my chepstow to Abergavenny ride. This was a figure of eight version instead of killer to lunch then easier return. So we did some great stuff after Steel Horse cafe stop . Enjoy Trev s 150 miler!

John Presland

Post by John Presland »

Beta XTrainer
Montesa 4Ride
Honda TLR 200
Montesa 4RT
iT 250
Tel 07973530959