Stroud loop 15th may

tell us all about your ride
Chris Barrable

Stroud loop 15th may

Post by Chris Barrable »

Me, Dave V & the Jordan brothers set off from Iron Acton at 930ish. Rangeworthy Green Lane, Tresham-Ozzleworth Bottome then up past New Inn Waterley Bottom & over to Avening etc down into Stroud valley. Loopity loop to the petrol station for lunch @52miles. Then up to Slad valley familiar lanes but including a new one I found. Very claggy & hard sweaty work!

Mid afternoon Leigh picked up a nail which was considerate but running tubes without a repair kit is a novice error. I have nothing against tubes as you all know but a repair kit & tools are a must!
So Leigh and brother Mark rode the tarmac road back (I hope) from near Bisley while Dave and I carried on the plan. That being familiar Macmillan Ay down to Kemble but then east to Minety and Brinkworth. Some really pretty proper lush green lanes, little used by us. Mike Wain being the notable exception being on a par with yours truly for finding obscure routesImage
Then a few more villages and lanes back to the Fosseway at Grittleton an road home. 125m by my odometer.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk