Brechfa Forrest Ride Sat 26th April

tell us all about your ride
Mike Mant

Brechfa Forrest Ride Sat 26th April

Post by Mike Mant »

Well the day started well and everybody was on the move by 06-30 hrs on Saturday morning. We stopped at Magor services and met up 8 of us. When we passed the Breakfast stop north of Brecon , Mutiny broke out in the ranks and I was forced to stop at the next Burger Van. This made us late at the forrest layby for Welsh Mark, who was ready and waiting to go. We set off around 09-15 with a friend of Deano' s Hugh who we met in North Wales in Feb. After riding a few warm up trails north of Llandovery we headed over to Brechfa and rode around the forrest. Rain set in . Glen had a big off on the road when a bolt on his swing arm slider came out and jamed in his chain. All ok we headed for fuel and food in the pouring rain. After lunch at the garage we rode the roman road out of Llandovery and trails down to Sennybridge. Glens bike developed an oil leak and returned to the vans. We rode up over Sennybridge ranges and the old coach road back to the layby at 19-30 hrs . 141 miles in all. We saw sunshine , rain ,shower and I think everybody enjoyed theirselves. Even getting over the trees that where down across some of the lanes we rode. Photos on my face book. I will try and move them across.