Trf Wickwar funday

tell us all about your ride
John Hewer

Trf Wickwar funday

Post by John Hewer »

What a brilliant Trf event this turned out to be. I couldn’t believe the amount of people that turned up nearly 130 in all to enjoy the weather and riding. Gates opened at nine and almost immediately there was a stream of cars and vans into the venue. Luckily Somerset arrived early to set up their famous catering tent and they were soon busy with customers.
We had a real mix of riders from novice to the more experienced, dads out with their children this was really nice to see and of course a fair number of Trf members.
We had Mid West Racing there with the entire range of new Husqvarna’s to hire for a half hour at a time this was very popular and was fully booked all day.
The track itself was very good with a mixture of small climbs open fields and wooded areas with streams thrown in for good measure. A Mx type track and various obstacles all added to the day’s fun.
Lots of smiling faces at the end of the day with a few making comments that there preconception of the Trf had changed and that they will be looking into joining which can only be a positive thing.
In all the events I’ve taken part in I never really appreciated the amount of organisation and good will needed to make an event happen.
From the days spent preparing the track and the endless taped sections to the toilets and parking to the small army of volunteers and marshals and a special mention to the kids that mucked in.
A big thanks to all.

(Click on the pic)
https://youtu.be/2re-8wCrptQ

Ian Abram

Re: Trf Wickwar funday

Post by Ian Abram »

That looked like a good one well done central

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk